W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > June 2014

Minutes: HTML A11Y TF Teleconference, 19 JUL 2014

From: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:40:15 -0400
Message-ID: <53A3045F.4080901@w3.org>
To: HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hello,

The minutes for the HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference 19 July 2014
are available in HTML and plain text below:

HTML:
http://www.w3.org/2014/06/19-html-a11y-minutes.html

TEXT:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

              HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

19 Jun 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/06/19-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Mark_Sadecki, paulc, Adrian_Roselli,
          Cynthia_Shelly, Judy, John_Foliot, ShaneM

   Regrets
          Leonie Watson

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          MarkS, JF

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Identify Scribe
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scr
            ibe_List
         2. [5]Longdesc
         3. [6]Canvas 2D; Status, TF Liaison
         4. [7]PF's Strong Semantics Issue
         5. [8]Media Subteam
         6. [9]HTML 5.1 Next Steps
         7. [10]Other Business
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 19 June 2014

   <janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference

Identify Scribe
[12]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

     [12] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

   <MarkS> scribe: MarkS

Longdesc

   JS:
   ->[13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014
   Jun/0042.html Longdesc CfC to transition to CR

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Jun/0042.html

   ->[14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014
   Jun/0042.html Longdesc CfC to transition to CR

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Jun/0042.html

   MS: Chaals and I made good progress on processing comments and
   tidying up loose ends in longdesc. Chaals issued a CfC last
   Friday, which closes tomorrow.
   ... Preparing documentation required for that transition. We
   would hope to schedule a tranisition call for the 3rd week in
   July with a publication date soon afterwards.

   PC: That long?

   <janina> pc: Any chance to do this sooner? Unfortunate to wait
   well into July?

   <janina> pc: But, it is July!

   <janina> ms: That's it.

   MS: We've done preliminary scheduling and there are a lot of
   vacations

   PC: LC for HTML closes August 15, so longdesc should still be
   ahead of that

Canvas 2D; Status, TF Liaison

   ->[15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014
   Jun/0052.html Canvas Sub Group minutes

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Jun/0052.html

   <JF> scribe: JF

   MS: Canvas group met this week, good progress

   <MarkS> [16]Issue 300223009: Implement basic parts of hit
   regions on canvas2d

     [16] https://codereview.chromium.org/300223009/

   Firefox and Chrome supporting DrawFocus and activity around Hit
   Regions

   MS: hope to see implementations dropping soon
   ... testing on Safari as well, and tests passed
   ... asked HTML WG about what to do with this highly functioning
   group. Suggestion to create a TF under the html wg

   <MarkS> [17]Draft Canvas Task Force Work Statement

     [17] https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Canvas_Task_Force/Work_Statement

   MS: standard TF work statement - mentions liasons with allyTF

   <MarkS> scribe: MarkS

   <JF> JS: this will cease being a sub-team of this TF, and will
   become a larger TF within HTML WG

   <JF> JS: mostly management changes

   JS: there is canvas in SVG2
   ... learned this week

   JB: How does that work? canvas in SVG. anything we need to
   watch out for?

   JS: didn't go into details. Rich mentioned it as an example of
   how SVG is expanding past SVG 1
   ... the PF interest is to continue to formalize relationship
   with SVG group and mapping, etc.
   ... we've had a lot of interest in a11y people participating in
   that work

   <ShaneM> SVG2 has a section on embedded content at
   [18]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/single-page.html#chapter-embedded

     [18] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/single-page.html#chapter-embedded

   JS: good to see implementations coming along

PF's Strong Semantics Issue

   JS: this was a good exercise. teased out some details we
   needed.
   ... wondering from Paul and Judy have to say regarding this
   issue and the future of html5 and html5.1 etc
   ... as HTML exits CR and returns to 2nd LC, we took a look to
   make sure PF was happy. ARIA sub team people focused on strong
   semantics setction
   ... worried that advise was not sufficient enough for
   developers
   ... CfC in PF asked for testing results to validate, or mark
   section as informative
   ... SteveF developed tests that proved good results, not 100%
   but about 90% passed
   ... there is an email from steve with up to date test results
   and bugs that have been filed.

   <aardrian>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jun/012
   6.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jun/0126.html

   JS: wondering if this is something we can still handle in
   html5.0 or 5.1
   ... one of the other ARIA members noticed there were some
   missing aria-attributes
   ... wondering how we handle that

   <paulc> I think we should file bugs and let the Editors process
   these and propose whether they will be included as LC bugs.
   Then the filers can decide if the processing is appropriate.

   JS: should we just mark the items currently at risk?

   PC: bugs may be moved into LC component by editors. Can talk to
   editors about that. Can be handled in LC

   MS: I have already filed bugs on behalf of Brian

   [20]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26090

     [20] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26090

   Implicit ARIA semantics for the <ol> and <ul> elements should
   include radiogroup

   [21]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26089

     [21] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26089

   Implicit ARIA semantics for the <li> element should include
   radio

   [22]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26088

     [22] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26088

   Implicit ARIA semantics for the <a> element should include
   radio and option

   JF: there was email about strong semantics, aria in html,
   regarding form inputs. strong semantics in aria seemed to be in
   conflict with HTML

   JS: Steve is actively testing, his work may reveal something
   like that. You might want to confirm with him. Please do it on
   list

Media Subteam

   MS: Hope to publish a Heartbeat one week from today, June 26
   ... Media Accessibility User Requirements

   JS: this will include all the input from comments since FPWD
   ... sorry it took so long, but the group was dormant for quite
   some time
   ... meeting with the Web & TV IG. They are asking for feedback
   and input from us, which is good.
   ... next activity will be to get test content for tool and UA
   developers that has sample alternative content

   MS: presentation from Clarke Steves from cable labs on
   standards for labeling AD

   JS: we saw no conflict there and are glad to see progress

   SM: the SAP track in Canada is labelled middle english

HTML 5.1 Next Steps

   JS: Leonie and I are scheduled to present next week on WebRTC
   but I won't be able to present next week because I will be at
   the Web of Things workshop. Will need to push that back. one
   more week, 7/3
   ... there are many presentations scheduled for July. Please try
   to keep those due dates

   ->[23]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/51wishlist wishlist
   and due dates

     [23] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/51wishlist

   JS: please use the wiki to share your research

Other Business

   JS: chair for next week. Mark?

   MS: I can chair next week

   SM: I can scribe

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-06-19 15:39:09 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 19 June 2014 15:40:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:39 UTC