W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2014

Minutes: HTML A11Y TF Teleconference, 23 January 2014

From: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:33:59 -0500
Message-ID: <52E14477.6070803@w3.org>
To: HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>

The minutes for the HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference 23 January 2014 are available in HTML and plain text below:



      [1] http://www.w3.org/

              HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

23 Jan 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/01/23-html-a11y-irc


          Adrian_Roselli, Leonie Watson, MarkS, chaals

          Janina, RichS




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]longdesc update
         2. [5]MSE issue?
         3. [6]canvas update
         4. [7]Bug Triage
         5. [8]action item review
     * [9]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 23 January 2014

   <scribe> scribe: MarkS

longdesc update

   <chaals> MarkS: Editing the document to incorporate late
   comments, have a to-do list for publication.

   <chaals> … Exit criteria is important, should be done before
   next week's meeting.

   <chaals> CMN: A couple of replies to send out (re-replying to
   Mattur / Laura) still.

   CMN: html wg is now running their CfC for publication as a
   rec-track standalone

MSE issue?

   CMN: I have looked through the history of this and feel that
   there are still issues with MSE. Multiple audio/video tracks
   for instance is still a problem.
   ... doesn't warrant a formal complaint
   ... just looking for a generic statement, not a technical
   ... propose we just let it go

   <chaals> Adrian: Yeah, we can let it go...

   <chaals> MarkS: agree

canvas update

   <chaals> MarkS: Had call on Monday, went through open CR bugs,
   we closed 5 of them, 2 more need work and we opened 1.

   <chaals> … The work on those has been completed, plan to review
   and sign off if we are all happy.

   <chaals> … Next focus will be testing. Started writing tests
   last week, shouldn't be too difficult to get them done.

   <chaals> CMN: Sounds great….

Bug Triage

   LW: Hasn't been many new bugs, but we still have a lot of old
   bugs that need to be reviewed
   ... suggest that we get interested parties to join the Bug
   Triage call to close some of these

   CMN: i think i can make that next meeting

   <scribe> ACTION: MarkS to email group for next bug triage
   meeting [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-227 - Email group for next bug triage
   meeting [on Mark Sadecki - due 2014-01-30].

action item review


     [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/users/


     [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner

   CMN: some of these are closed and just need to be updated
   ... 109 and 118
   ... can be closed
   ... my issues should probably be held open

   ACTIONs 198, 199, 201, 206, 207, 209, 212, 213, 214, 216, 218
   can be closed

   scribe: shadow dom in canvas

   MS: I think that is a misnomer, refers to fallback content,
   ... 193, might need to have a discussion on this to reach

   CMN: We can close 217
   ... 83 can be closed

   MS: I can email Cynthia and Rich and ask them to close any
   ACTION items they can.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: MarkS to email group for next bug triage meeting
   [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([15]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-01-23 16:31:23 $

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 23 January 2014 16:34:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:37 UTC