ALT in Image Maps

From: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 09:04:23 -0500
To: HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
CC: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, lwatson@paciellogroup.com, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
HTML A11y TF Participants,

Last week [1] we briefly discussed the issue of appropriate alt values for an image that also contains a usemap attribute, referencing an image map [2]. We encourage anyone who has an opinion on this issue to please respond on list to the relevant thread on public-html-a11y [3].

Thanks for your continued interest and participation.

Mark

[1] Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item05
[2] HTML5 - image-maps: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#image-maps-0
[3] Thread: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2013Dec/0023.html