User Agent Implementation Guides

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:39:37 -0600
To: cooper@w3.org, "Jason Kiss" <Jason.Kiss@dia.govt.nz>
Cc: clown@alum.mit.edu, "faulkner steve" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "Cynthia Shelly" <cyns@microsoft.com>, "SVG public list" <www-svg@w3.org>, "SVG WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "HTML Accessibility Task Force" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>

Michael,

We met today on the UAIG call and we will be taking up the discussion again
on the HTML5 call. We need to be able to fork the existing ARIA spec. and
start work in the HTML5.1 and SVG2 implementation guides based on the
following outline. How do we go about doing this.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Outline_Core_User_Agent_Implementation_Guide

Jason,

I see you are able to devote a couple of hours a week to this effort (note
forwarded from Cynthia). Where should we get the source for the current
HTML5 mapping guide? We would like to store the core accessibility API
mappings in the Core Specification (which will be based on ARIA 1.1
semantics). Then we would like to pull mappings from the core into the SVG2
and HTML5.1 mapping guides.

We need to find out who else has cycles to help. I will start on the SVG2
User Agent Implementation guide but I will need help due to bandwidth.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger