W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > April 2014

[MEDIA] Minutes: Media Sub-Group, 14 April 2014

From: Adrian Roselli <Roselli@algonquinstudios.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:10:37 +0000
To: "HTML Accessibility Task Force (public-html-a11y@w3.org)" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0CB063710346B446A5B5DC305BF8EA3E2E14FE5C@Ex2010MBX.development.algonquinstudios.com>

The minutes for today's sub-group call are online:
http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html

Note, Mark and Janina were there, not sure why they aren't showing as present in the minutes, might be related to the new channel we used (#html-a11y-media).

14 Apr 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          aardrian

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Identify Scribe
         2. [5]User Media Requirements
         3. [6]Adding Mark as Editor
         4. [7]Processing Comments
         5. [8]Open Media Bugs for 5.0 and 5.1
         6. [9]Media Demo and Resources
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Identify Scribe

   <scribe> scribe: aardrian

User Media Requirements

Adding Mark as Editor

   MS: Last call we talked about adding Mark as editor.

   JS: Will follow up with Michael.

Processing Comments

   <MarkS> [11]Comments

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/comments/list?document_version_id=16

   <MarkS> [12]Details

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/comments/details?document_version_id=16

   MS: Located comments from Shenzhen meeting, URLs immediately
   above.

   AR: Both links require authentication.

   JS: Need to make those accessible to the public. Need to
   re-publish portions of the minutes to be open to public.

   MS: 16 comments, all last updated right before TPAC.

   JS: Should have been updated afterwards with dispositions.
   Perhaps 14 or 15.
   ... The next step is to respond to the commenters and ask if
   they accept the resolution.

   MS: I can take that on.

   JS: Need to deal with last comment so we can reply to all at
   once.

   MS: #375 from James Craig.

   <MarkS> [13]Comment from James Craig

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2012AprJun/0001.html

   Resolution: Editorial change to 2.7 accepted.
   ... Editorial change to 2.8 accepted (change "other" to
   "some").
   ... Editorial change to 3.2 accepted.

   <scribe> ACTION: JS to develop new language for 3.4 (Clean
   Audio) and 3.3 (Extended Video Descriptions). [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html#a
   ction01]

   <trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this
   channel.

   <MarkS> ACTION: MarkS to reword 3.5 DOM references [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html#a
   ction02]

   <trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this
   channel.

   Resolution: Editorial change to 3.6 [CC-20] accepted.
   ... Editorial change to 3.7 accepted.
   ... Editorial change to 3.7 [ECC-2] accepted (second item
   already addressed).

   <scribe> ACTION: MarkS to follow up with dev community on
   language for 3.7 [ECC-4]. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html#a
   ction03]

   <trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this
   channel.

   Resolution: Editorial suggestion on 3.8 Para 2. Rejected. Even
   though non-technical users may not understand, it may help an
   implementer.
   ... Editorial suggestion on 3.8 [SL-3]. Rejected. As per
   previous note.

   JS: 3.8 [SL-3] Substantive change, we agree this can be left
   as-is since this spec doesn't necessarily anchor to an HTML
   version.

Open Media Bugs for 5.0 and 5.1

   MS: Skipping.

Media Demo and Resources

   MS: Had a meeting with edX. They said they have lots of media
   resource samples.
   ... Said they could convince teachers that created them to open
   them up to us for additional tracks.
   ... Following up this afternoon.
   ... They have an HTML5 media player they've been developing and
   want show their progress.

   JS: The part I am worried about is that we need something in
   which we can play with structural navigation...
   ... But not too long, maybe 15 minutes.

   MS: Will ask for video with multiple topics with
   sub-categories.

   JS: The rest we can do. Captioning, sign language, extended
   descriptions, etc.

   MS: During HTML5 F2F, no new media elements added to At-Risk.
   ... There was one, but later found out it was well supported
   (error in test).
   ... There was a some confusion about language changes
   mid-playback and how it would be resolved.

   <MarkS> [17][MSE] Summary of "Resolving Bug 24370" thread and
   proposed next steps

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Apr/0043.html

   MS: Sylvia Pfeiffer has a proposal.

   rrsagent make minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: JS to develop new language for 3.4 (Clean Audio)
   and 3.3 (Extended Video Descriptions). [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html#a
   ction01]
   [NEW] ACTION: MarkS to follow up with dev community on language
   for 3.7 [ECC-4]. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html#a
   ction03]
   [NEW] ACTION: MarkS to reword 3.5 DOM references [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/14-html-a11y-media-minutes.html#a
   ction02]

   [End of minutes]



_________________________
Adrian Roselli
Founder, Vice President

Algonquin Studios
(716) 842-1439 Phone
(716) 842-1762 Fax
(716) 408-8716 Direct
www.algonquinstudios.com

FEARLESS PURSUIT OF BETTER
Received on Monday, 14 April 2014 16:11:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:38 UTC