W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > April 2014

Minutes: HTML-A11Y Task Force, 10 April 2014

From: Adrian Roselli <Roselli@algonquinstudios.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:11:45 +0000
To: "HTML Accessibility Task Force (public-html-a11y@w3.org)" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0CB063710346B446A5B5DC305BF8EA3E2E14A507@Ex2010MBX.development.algonquinstudios.com>
The minutes for today's TF call are online:
http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-html-a11y-minutes.html

Note that "next item" is the wrong command to call each next agendum item as it does not reflect the item in the minutes. My apologies.

Text version:

10 Apr 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Janina, Judy, paulc, Adrian_Roselli, LJWatson,
          Cynthia_Shelly, Billy_Gregory, [IPcaller], chaals,
          PaulC, Aardrian, CynthiaS, Leonie, BillyG

   Regrets
          Mark

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          aardrian

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Identify Scribe
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scr
            ibe_List
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 10 April 2014

   <janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference

Identify Scribe
[6]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

      [6] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

   <scribe> scribe: aardrian

   next item

   <Billy_Gregory> Zakin, [IPcaller] is me

   PC: Sam and I have been getting feedback on whether WG needs to
   continue using Decision Policy
   ... Chairs announced at F2F is that new work mode being put
   into place immediately.
   ... Big change, no CfC for heartbeats, just stay on top of
   consensus and keep publishing.
   ... Will stop pushing CfCs through WG, but will still use for
   FD, LC, etc. as defined by process doc.
   ... Spent time checking status of normative docs (DOM4, HTML5,
   Canvas) and checking testing results.
   ... Just sent email to Public-HTML outlining changes for what
   is at risk for HTML 5.0..
   ... Hope to publish update in next few weeks outlining what has
   been removed.
   ... Chairs will try to send HTML5 to LC in June to keep on
   track to deliver Rec by 4th quarter 2014.
   ... Talked about HTML5.1 for a while, sentiment to speed up the
   schedule for 5.1.
   ... Maybe 5.1 could take 18 months instead of 2 years.
   ... PF schedule for ARIA 1.1 might be aligned with HTML 5.1
   schedule.
   ... Decided to mark Ruby as at-risk for LC due to interop
   evidence, don't want to hold up 5.0.

   CS: Mentioned in meeting that a11y TF and PF would be
   interested in timeline changes.

   PC: Ad hoc 30min discussion about contentEditable. No quick
   summary, web apps / HTML overlaps.
   ... A11y folks may have interest. Was added to agenda last
   minute. Check the F2F minutes for a note.

   CS: Initial discussion around more API-based approach to
   editing.
   ... Keyboard shortcuts available in some browsers, not others,
   etc.

   <paulc> HTML WG F2F minutes on content editable:
   [7]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item11

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item11

   CS: API-based minimizes those issues.
   ... Also suggested in addition to shortcuts, consistent/common
   visual controls.
   ... General consensus was more API based.

   JS: Was there a sense that would happen in 5.1 timeframe?

   CS: I didn't hear a timeline.

   PC: Web Apps meeting today and tomorrow, API meeting probably
   happening in Web Apps. Watch over next 48 hours.

   CM: Technically similar to issue with date inputs. Different
   controls, expectations. Complex issues - but WebApps tends not
   to set time schedules for releases.

   <paulc> If the HTML WG does HTML 5.1 before 2016 then this
   might impact any plans of the TF or PF WG to align with the
   HTML 5.1 schedule.

   JS: Highlights: no longer CfCs in HTML for heartbeat
   publications,
   ... HTML 5.1 might move down rec track faster than in plan
   2014,
   ... implications for ARIA are an open question as its timeline
   maybe cannot catch up.

   PC: If TF or PF plan was for a 2016 publish date, may want to
   stay with that plan.
   ... That means you might end up being aligned with HTML 5.2
   instead of 5.1.

   next item

   JS: Steve F is prime mover, need his input.

   PC: Let's take it offline for now and update Steve F on work
   plan.

   JS: Second heartbeat, HTML Mappings, we discussed in ARIA
   editors call yesterday.
   ... We'll see state of document when heartbeat date is set.

   next item

   JS: We may have had a decision on last week's call to move
   forward, some feedback on list.

   PC: At F2F, only discussion was Mark's update. He is on board
   with Candidate LC Draft.
   ... Mark reported that editors are still trying to confirm
   everything in document is correct.

   next item

   JS: I believe everything we expected to port from 5.1 is now in
   5.0.
   ... Bug we were awaiting from WAI has been filed, referenced in
   agenda.

   [8]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25264

      [8] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25264

   <paulc> ACTI

   <paulc> ACTION-227?

   <trackbot> ACTION-227 -- Mark Sadecki to Email group for next
   bug triage meeting -- due 2014-01-30 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [9]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/227

      [9] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/227

   <paulc> ACTION-228?

   <trackbot> ACTION-228 -- Steve Faulkner to Produce a list of
   the bugs relating to the alt guidance changes -- due 2014-02-06
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/228

     [10] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/228

   <paulc> [11]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/239

     [11] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/239

   <paulc> ACTION-239?

   <trackbot> ACTION-239 -- Charles McCathie Nevile to Put a
   review of the html alt guidance on the agenda, and call for
   consensus to stop work on the original guidance note -- due
   2014-04-10 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/239

     [12] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/239

   PC: This is one of the 10 documents HTML WG needs to push
   forward. Will copy Janina and Chaals as it moves forward.

   JS: I think we have 2 questions wrapped in alt.
   ... 1. is the TF happy with the notion of a pointer from that
   section of the spec to additional resources?

   <paulc> ACTION-238?

   <trackbot> ACTION-238 -- Charles McCathie Nevile to Ensure that
   review of alt guidance page (not in the html spec) is on the tf
   agenda -- due 2014-04-10 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/238

     [13] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/238

   JS: 2. the disposition on Steve's document as an HTML WG note.

   PC: That second action is 238. Need to find if WG is
   comfortable with landing page prior to publishing heartbeat/

   next item

   next item

   CN: Have an item to write up exit criteria.
   ... We will have tests to show 2 UAs meet the "must"
   requirement in the spec.
   ... For spec editing, Mark has that on his to-do list.
   ... Expect to put spec into CR.
   ... Think we haven't formally agreed that test suite represents
   all the "must" requirements.

   JS: No longer looking for zero-length CR time. Will go into CR
   for some short period of time.

   next item

   next item

   LW: Haven't met for 2 or 3 weeks, but are nearly at end of
   going through 5.0 bugs. 3 left?
   ... Now have 3 lodged under TF component in Bugzilla.

   next item

   JS: Request for editorial improvements in the spec, brought up
   at CSUN. Any activity?
   ... The people behind it may not be here today.

   next item

   JS: Close to wrapping 5.0, probably need to start to focus on
   5.1.
   ... Includes looking at 5.0 features at-risk, accessibility.
   ... There is a wiki for things we are looking to achieve in
   5.1.

   [14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page

     [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]




_________________________
Adrian Roselli
Founder, Vice President

Algonquin Studios
(716) 842-1439 Phone
(716) 842-1762 Fax
(716) 408-8716 Direct
www.algonquinstudios.com

FEARLESS PURSUIT OF BETTER
Received on Thursday, 10 April 2014 16:12:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:38 UTC