Re: FW: update to at risk features in Canvas

Hi Rik,

Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>, 2013-09-29 08:54 -0700:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I'm unsure why you say that.
> Feedback from Dominic was that DrawCustomFocusRing could be renamed so it is less confusing.

It seems to me the reason for the renaming suggestion was not just to make
it less confusing but because it's actually not itself drawing a custom focus
ring at all, and is not even ensuring at all that one will actually be drawn.

Am I wrong about that?

> Also, the step "If the user has requested the use of particular focus
> rings" can't be implemented because browsers don't provide special code
> like this. However, I don't see a "must" there and there's no reason that
> could not implement this.
>
> I've been working on this feature in Firefox. It's has the same
> functionality as the code in Chrome (draw a ring around the path using
> the browser focus style + notify the accessibility code of the focus
> region).
> I hope to have a patch with non-flaky tests later today.

Does that actually meet the original requirement that was stated for
drawing custom focus rings, or is it doing something different?

  --Mike