W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > May 2013

Minutes: HTML A11y bug triage telecon for 29 May 2013

From: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:51:15 -0400
Message-ID: <51A64E23.1040009@w3.org>
To: HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hello,

The minutes from the HTML A11y Bug Triage telecon for May 29, 2013 are 
available in HTML and plain text below:

HTML:
http://www.w3.org/2013/05/29-a11y-bugs-minutes.html

Text:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                       HTML A11y Bug Triage telecon

29 May 2013

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/29-a11y-bugs-irc

Attendees

    Present
           MarkS, LJWatson, Cooper, Joseph_O´Connor,
           Adrian_Roselli, chaals

    Regrets
           Suzanne_Taylor

    Chair
           Léonie Watson

    Scribe
           MarkS

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Welcome new members
          2. [5]Meeting times
          3. [6]Monitoring new bugs
          4. [7]New bugs review
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Welcome new members

    LW: Welcome to joseph and adrian.

    [introductions]

    LW: this task force keeps an eye on bugs that are filed against
    HTML5 and 5.1 specs that involve accessibility

    ...discuss new bugs on this call each week. Those that are
    worth the TF to champion and pursue we will bring it to the TF
    and assign it to a TF member.

    ...these meetings are informal, look at bugs, discuss them from
    varying angles.

    ...collectively, we usually have an opinion on most things.
    Sometimes we are at a loss and we bring it to the TF for their
    feedback.

    ...with regard to 5.0 and 5.1 specs, things are fairly quiet at
    this time. During certain stages in the publication process,
    things can get much busier.

Meeting times

    LW: how does this time work for everyone?

    [discussion - not ideal but there aren't many other options
    considering our locations]

    AR: because of my work schedule, there will be times when I
    won't be able to make a meeting.

    ...what is protocol for regrets.

    LW: email the bug triage list with regrets.

    MC: there are formalities for limiting a person's right to vote
    if they haven't been around for awhile. The TF isn't very
    formal and we are happy to have you when you can make it.

    LW: most of us work full time and won't be able to make every
    meeting.

Monitoring new bugs

    LW: one member of the team typically keeps an eye on new bugs
    filed since last meeting and emails the group prior to the
    meeting.

    ...hans hillen has played this role in the past but will not be
    able to continue.

    ... we will need someone to replace him in that role.

    ... hans has had a filter query that he runs through bugzilla
    search.

    ... emails the bug triage list with a brief summary regarding
    why it was possibly tagged.

    MC: working on the bug triage sub-team requires working
    knowledge of bugzilla.

    ...there are a number of keywords we use for tracking: 'a11y'
    means somebody thinks the bug is accessibility related.

    ...'a11ytf' means the TF has formally decided to track the bug
    and work on its resolution. this is usually added to a11y.
    normally someone from TF will add this keyword.

    <LJWatson> The different keywords are described here:
    [9]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/describekeywords.cgi

       [9] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/describekeywords.cgi

    ...keywords for 'media'

    LW: goes through all of the bugs that have been filed and will
    add the a11y keyword, emails the list around, then we discuss
    the implications during our call.

    ...add a11ytf keyword to those which are worthy of the TF
    involvement.

    <LJWatson>
    [10]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&
    chfieldfrom=-2w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=[Bug+creation]

      [10] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&chfieldfrom=-2w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=

    ...is anyone interested in taking up this responsibility?

    ... ok i can reach out to JF or ST

New bugs review

    LW: The last report was on May 8th. so lets start working
    through these.

    <LJWatson>
    [11]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&
    chfieldfrom=-3w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=[Bug+creation]

      [11] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&chfieldfrom=-3w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=

    <chaals>
    [12]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML%20W
    G&chfieldfrom=-3w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=%5BBug%20creation%5D&li
    st_id=13416

      [12] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&chfieldfrom=-3w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=%5BBug%20creation%5D&list_id=13416

    <MichaelC>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21971

      [13] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21971

    MC: going to go through this quickly by reading the bug ID. I
    will paste the URL into the minutes. Unless we need to look
    more closely, we can just move on.

    <MichaelC>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21977

      [14] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21977

    <MichaelC>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21985

      [15] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21985

    ... 21971: filed on the spec itself

    ... 21985: already tagged as a11yTF by RS himself.

    <MichaelC>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21987

      [16] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21987

    CN: 21987 is mine and I just closed it.

    <MichaelC>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21988

      [17] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21988

    ... same with 21988

    <MichaelC>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21994

      [18] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21994

    MC: 21994: not related to us

    <MichaelC>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21995

      [19] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21995

    ... 21995: editorial

    <MichaelC>
    [20]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22002

      [20] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22002

    ...22002: seems like an editorial issue on the spec.

    <MichaelC>
    [21]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22007

      [21] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22007

    <MichaelC>
    [22]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22008

      [22] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22008

    ...22007: same difference

    <MichaelC>
    [23]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22019

      [23] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22019

    ...22008: marked as fixed

    ...22019: editorial issue

    <MichaelC>
    [24]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22022

      [24] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22022

    ...22022: not a11y related

    <MichaelC>
    [25]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22023

      [25] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22023

    ...22023: not a11y

    <MichaelC>
    [26]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22035

      [26] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22035

    MC: 22035: should at least keep an eye on this to monitor it.

    CN: do we have a mechanism for tracking a bug through to
    solution to see if it affects a11y

    [discussion]

    ACTION for chaals to propose solution for shadow bug process

    <MichaelC>
    [27]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22047

      [27] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22047

    <scribe> ACTION: chaals to propose solution for shadow bug
    process [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/29-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action0
    1]

    MC: reading from SF's proposal. should we track it or let Steve
    follow it.

    <MichaelC>
    [29]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22049

      [29] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22049

    agreement

    CN: I think we should track 22049

    agreement to add a11y and a11ytf and a11y_table_headers

    <MichaelC>
    [30]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22050

      [30] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22050

    MC: 22050: document outline, is most likely an a11y issue.
    track it.

    <MichaelC>
    [31]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22074

      [31] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22074

    LW: steve can take care of 22074

    CN: 22187, 22188 and 22190 are all longdesc related, assigned
    to me. editorial related.

    <MichaelC>
    [32]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22191

      [32] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22191

    MC: 22191 ARIA, editorial.

    <MichaelC>
    [33]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22195

      [33] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22195

    ...22195: steve is tracking this.

    LW: I will keep track of new bugs filed between now and next
    week.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: chaals to propose solution for shadow bug process
    [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/29-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action0
    1]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [35]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([36]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-05-29 18:47:02 $

      [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 

Mark Sadecki
Web Accessibility Engineer
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
Telephone: +1.617.715.4017
Email: mark@w3.org
Web: http://w3.org/People/mark
Received on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 18:51:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:34 UTC