Re: CfC: Approve overview of testing in view of permissive CR exit criteria

the tests for these would need to be in the form

look at element in displayed in browser x using an object inspection tool
[1]

Does the element/attribute have mappings to the platform accessibility APIs
as per the stated requirement formulated in terms of ARIA roles,states and
properties.

Note: it may be the case that some of requirements are simply not
applicable as defining the requirements in terms of ARIA is incorrect.

I would further suggest that the better place for defining the
accessibility mappings for HTML features is the HTML to accessibility API
mapping guide[2]

chaals wrote:

Yep. There are actually quite a lot of tests for ARIA, although I don't
> know that they are readily available in the same format as other HTML5
> tests...

 i don't believe these tests are useful for what we need as they are not
testing how built in acc semantics map to platform accessibility APIs

[1] for example: http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/aViewer2013
[2] http://rawgithub.com/w3c/html-api-map/master/index.html

--

Regards