From: Charles McCathie Nevile [mailto:chaals@yandex-team.ru]
Sent: 29 May 2013 16:17
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Subject: handling bugs we have a passing interest in

Hi,

this is to close my action item from the Triage meeting, but is a proposal for the Task Force in general.

On a request made a while ago, we have a component called "HTML-a11yTF"
listed for the HTML-WG product in Bugzilla.

My memory is that the purpose was to allow us to file a "shadow bug" for things we cared about but didn't want to have to discuss in the original bug.

An example would be bug 22035, which is likely to be fixed, and our only interest is to ensure that we didn't lose the accessibility functionality.

My proposal is that we file a bug saying "make sure adding tracks doesn't get changed in a way that breaks accessibility" on the HTML-a11y TF component, and set it as depending on 22035. Then, when 22035 is fixed we can check whether we need to worry.

(And likewise with other bugs touching things that we care about in accessibility, but where a priori there is no reason to assume there is an actual accessibility problem here).

cheers

Chaals