Re: Call for Review: HTML5 Image Description Extension (longdesc) Last Call

On Jul 16, 2013, at 8:26 PM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

>>> Is it only Chrome that ignored the community's work adding MathML support into Webkit?
>>
>> I'm not sure what that means: "ignored the community's work"?
>
> At the IDPF/W3 Ebook Conference in NYC last February several people were
> wringing their hands about the lack of MathML support in browsers. They
> were particularly upset as several among them had done the work to add
> MathML support into Webkit. I'd have to go look at the notes from that
> conference to see whether there are names named.

I'm not sure to which contributions you are referring. Was this an client-side add-on project like MathJax or was it a contribution to WebKit? Perhaps these contributions didn't make it through the code review process? I see a couple of Linux-only bugs (71738 and 71742). Perhaps you heard someone complaining about Gtk or Orca support?

A look through the change logs indicates Apple engineers contributed all the MathML accessibility work to WebKit, but I know Google did some work in Chromium and ChromeVox to take advantage of these updates, as did the VoiceOver engineering team.