Re: Call for Review: HTML5 Image Description Extension (longdesc) Last Call

Dear Jan,

Thanks for taking the time to review the longdesc specification and to
provide positive and helpful feedback. I apologise that it has taken so
long to provide a formal response, but here it is.

We agree that referencing the more specific section of Implementing ATAG
2.0, "(3): Long text descriptions"
(http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20-TECHS/#prompt-long-description) would be of
greater value to Authoring Tool developers than the more general Principle
B3, "Authors must be supported in improving the accessibility of existing
content".

We also agree that it would be helpful to reference "Appendix B: Levels of
Checking Automation" (http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20-TECHS/#checking-types)
when suggesting that authoring tools check for common errors in longdesc
attribute values.

We trust that you are happy with this resolution.

cheers

Chaals
TF co-coordinator