Re: longdesc quality statistics

Sam Ruby, Sat, 22 Sep 2012 20:21:09 -0400:
> On 09/22/2012 05:36 PM, John Foliot wrote:
>> David Singer wrote:
>>>
>>> But.
>>>
>>> a) why would anyone now implement longdesc knowing that the
>>> descriptions that they'd expose to users were, for the vast majority,
>>> 'hopelesslt bad'?
>>
>> 1) There is no other functional replacement in effect today.
>
> The keyword being 'today'.
>
> I'll point out that there is a false dichotomy in play here.
>
> Today there is only one mainstream browser that natively implements
> longdesc.

What do you mean by saying that only one 'natively implements'? For
mainstream browsers, the situation is:

1. Firefox has support in its A11Y API
2. Opera has contextual menu support.
3. Internet Explorer has A11Y API support (but
   I have heard that it is buggy).
--
leif halvard silli