Re: Fwd: longdesc document for the record

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:18:00 -0400
To: Adrian Roselli <Roselli@algonquinstudios.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On 09/21/2012 01:49 PM, Adrian Roselli wrote:
>> From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net]
> [...]
>> Noted.  But as stated previously, the chairs intention to proceed to survey
>> was put on hold by W3C management, and the plan that subsequently
>> produced and has the support of PLH and Judy as well as the four chairs
>> involved grants the A11y TF the authority to publish a document that defines
>> a long description attribute by whatever name it collectively wishes.
> [...]
>
> As I said, I am still coming up to speed with process, history, decisions, everyone's names, etc...
>
> Is there a public archive (link) of the W3C management decision to stop the survey?

Here's a few links, there may be more but this is a start:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0142.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0346.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0023.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0020.html

Additionally I will share that the 3 HTML WG co-chairs flew to Boston to
meet with Jeff Jaffe, Tim Berners-Lee, Philippe Le Hegaret, and Judy
Brewer.  Janina participated via phone.

This plan is the outcome of those discussions:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0243.html

The one thing I want to be careful to note: while Judy and Janina have
co-signed the plan, neither Jeff nor Tim have signed off on it just yet.
  It truly is a draft.  I'm keeping track of known items to be worked,
and that includes at least one known and acknowledged bug.  I would
expect that we will present a second draft next week.

- Sam Ruby