Re: My case for the obsoletion of longdesc (Was: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update)

James Craig, Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:50:43 -0700:
> On Sep 17, 2012, at 1:56 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no> wrote:
>
>> One problem with the <iframe> approach (and one that I by accident
>> experienced with fiddling your solution), is that it puts some
>> limitations on what the content of the long description can - or should
>> - be. For example, imagine that it the description were to contain
>> interactive content or audio/video.
>
> As long as it doesn't auto-play, I don't see any problem with
> including audio or video content.

So there you confirm one limitation.

Also, you did not comment on the link (or interactive content -
audio/video are not interactive content, per HTML5). Just tested now:
If I open a link inside that frame, then it opens inside that frame.
That's lots of things happening behind an image. We have just been
through a round about whether hidden="" can be used as an accessible
container, and what the A11Y TF protested on was precisely the
potential for creating a whole, hidden world that only blind users
could see - so to speak.
--
leif halvard silli