How to obsolete @longdesc

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:29:17 +0200
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Laura Carlson, Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:19:53 -0500:
> Hi Leif,
>
>> Thank you for pointing to David's message. Clearly, name change might
>> be a better idea than we have admitted.
>>
>> In that case, a logical 'deal' to consider
>
> No 'deal' is in consideration. This is an inquiry only.

Sorry, I don't want to disturb the inquiry so I change the topic so you
don't feel you need to stand for my words.

The argument has been mad, in this recent discussion, that HTML5 has no
means for deprecation of features. In the first longdesc poll, there
were no alternatives to replace it with and thus, true deprecation was
not possible. But if an alternative emerged, then HTML5 has some
mechanisms for making features obsolete but conforming, as pointed out
with in my message with the unlucky word 'deal'.[1]

[1]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20120919165642623450.594a22b3@xn--mlform-iua.no

Leif Halvard Silli