From: Janina Sajka [mailto:janina@rednote.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:10 AM
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force
Subject: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

Colleagues:

The HTML-A11Y Task Force has twice resolved support for the InstateLongdesc Change Proposal on Issue-30 Longdesc reconsideration, most recently as logged at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011May/0399.html
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc

As we expect reconsideration of the Issue-30 decision on longdesc will be taken up by the HTML-WG soon, the Task Force Text Subteam has provided a narrative wrapper for this CP which is intended to serve as concise orientation at the top level of the CP, leaving detailed evidence and argument to subpages.

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Talk:ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc

The Task Force teleconference on 13 September reviewed this approach for the second time and confirmed no objections to it:

http://www.w3.org/2012/09/13-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02

As was noted during the teleconference, the Instatelongdesc CP had this kind of top level presentation until the evidence in the CP became so extensive that it seemed prudent to reformat the CP using subpages.

The discussion page to review is at:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Talk:ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc

If you have objections, comments, or proposed edits, please respond by replying to this message no later than 12:00 PM (Noon), Boston Time, on Tuesday 18 September. This is 16:00 UTC.

All Task Force participants are also invited to attend the Task Force Text Subteam teleconference at 1:00 PM Boston Time Tuesday, (17:00 UTC), when all comments received will be considered and the orientation page finalized.

The Text Subteam uses Zakim channel 2119#; and IRC channel #text. An agenda will be published to the Task Force list before this teleconference as usual.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

The Linux Foundation