Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:41:55 +1000
To: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Cc: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie> wrote:
> Joshue O Connor wrote:
> [...]
>

> Actually, that should be the UI (User Interface/User Interaction) but it
> does still inform the UX.

Why do you keep repeating Ian's opinion? Do you agree with it?

If we agree to give @longdesc another lease of life (and I am not
saying that I have made up my mind on whether we should), I would
suggested to provide informative text that helps a UA come up with a
UI. That's not "defining the UI", but instead it is providing food for
thought.

I think we have several such suggestions mentioned even in this thread
already. It would be valuable to make a list of them and discuss their
pros and cons and maybe come up with one or two that we would like to
list as implementation examples. Note that we need to be careful to
pick something that also works on devices that have no mouse.

Regards,
Silvia.