Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

Sam Ruby wrote:
[...]
> I can't help but wonder if we would have been done by now if but a small
> fraction of the effort that was put into "instating longdesc" focused
> instead on developing a solution to the "long description" need that
> browser vendors are willing to implement.

+1. However, note that generally I sense that the a11y community is
willing to support 'whatever works' - the part of the problem
historically is that many a11y folk are rather keenly aware of what
won't work - due to experience of working directly with people with
disabilities (in one capacity or another).

Cheers

Josh