RE: Review of Section 7.1 by ARIA working group in PF

Cynthia Shelly wrote:

> Here's a first cut at methods, events and actions that would be
> disabled in hidden content. I think that methods which do an action
> (focus, click, submit, etc.) should be disabled. Most events should
> still be ok, as they won't occur, that is, you won't get an onfocus
> event because there is no way to focus the content.  The autofocus
> attribute should be ignored.
>
> This could use more discussion.  Thoughts?

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for this, it looks pretty good.  I have some lingering concerns over
many if not most form inputs as well, as in most (all?) cases
user-interaction is required (radio, checkbox, text, text area, button), and
that interaction requires focus. If in fact the statement: "...content
hidden by the hidden attribute is not focusable and does not participate in
sequential focus navigation." is adopted into the Draft Text, it would seem
to me to negate any value in inserting form elements into that @hidden
container.

If I am wrong, or if there is a use-case that shows why form inputs should
retain the 'semantic' richness even when @hidden I have not heard, and would
welcome that information.

Cheers!

JF