Re: Review of Section 7.1 by ARIA working group in PF

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 04:21:57 +0100
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, public-html-a11y@w3.org
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger
<schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Safari (Version 6.0.1 (7536.26.14)) on Mac OSX did not allow me to tab to
> any of the active elements whether they were visible or hidden. I am not
> sure why.

To quote the Help, the tab key "Highlights buttons and text boxes in
the address bar, bookmarks and bookmark collections in the bookmarks
bar and bookmarks list, and tabs in the tab bar. You can also
highlight links and buttons in webpages. To turn this feature on,
choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, and then select 'Press
Tab to highlight each item on a webpage.'"

Did you have "Press Tab to highlight each item on a webpage" ticked or unticked?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis