Re: Review of Section 7.1 by ARIA working group in PF

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 17:03:48 -0700
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Hi Rich,

You wrote:

> 1. We read this text and we don't believe this text was agreed upon by
> anyone and we have doubts this is enforceable[…]

This text predates the ISSUE-204 discussion; in fact, it's been in the
spec since March 2010:

                        http://html5.org/r/4846

> From an accessibility perspective it does not really hurt us[…]

OK. Given that, can you live with that paragraph it currently stands? If
not, would it help if the example were changed from screen readers to,
say, printers?

> 2. […] I don't have an issue with it[…]

OK.

> 4. This text refers to content being active but what is not clear is
> whether "active" hidden text would appear in the tab order. We don't
> believe that is the case but it needs to be stated somewhere.

OK. Do you have suggested text to make that clear?

> For example, what happens when you have <div tabindex="0" hidden>.
> Does the div appear in the tab order?

Did you try that in browsers? What happened?

Thanks,
Ted