Re: Call for Consensus (CFC) to move forward the HTML5 Image Description Extension spec for publication (FPWD)

From: Hakkinen, Mark T <mhakkinen@ets.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:15:48 +0000
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
I support moving this forward for consideration as a FPWD.

Mark

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com<mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:15 AM
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org<mailto:public-html-a11y@w3.org>>
Subject: Call for Consensus (CFC) to move forward the HTML5 Image Description Extension spec for publication (FPWD)

Hi all,

We are calling for consensus on the HTML5 Image Description Extension specification [1]

We have asked for and received feedback on the specification from task force members.

The question we are asking task force members:

Is this specification ready to be put forward by the Task force to the HTML WG and the Protocols and Formats WG for consideration for publication as a first public working draft (FPWD)?

Please note: As a Working Draft publication, the document does not need not be complete, to meet all technical requirements, or to have consensus on the contents.

Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive responses are encouraged.
If there are no objections by Thursday, November 29th (Close of business, or 23:59 Boston Time), this resolution will carry.

Other considerations to note:

- As a First Public Working Draft, this publication will trigger patent policy review.

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/4893614e89f2/longdesc1/longdesc.html

On behalf of the task force chairs:

Janina, Steve and Chaals

--