Re: Spec does not appear to define what it means to be a "modal" dialog (e.g. focus concerns should be included)

Quoting from ~"When showModal() is invoked:"
> Let control be the first element in tree order whose nearest ancestor dialog element is dialog and that has an autofocus attribute specified, if any.

I don't think that resolves my concern. Yes, this states an element inside the dialog should become focused upon showing the dialog, but it does not state that other document content outside the dialog should become non-focusable while a "modal" dialog is shown.

James

PS. What's the difference between spec and spec-preview? I thought I was looking at the latest spec.