Spec does not appear to define what it means to be a "modal" dialog (e.g. focus concerns should be included)

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:46:09 -0800
Cc: Ted O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
I don't see a definition for "modal" in the spec section for the dialog element.
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-preview/commands.html#the-dialog-element

Presumably dialog.showModal() would prevent interaction in any modality (including keyboard focusability), but as far as I can see, it does not state anything to that effect. Unless I hear a correction, I'll file a defect.