Re: Change Proposal for Issue 194

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is unnecessary to mint a new element to satisfy UC1 (transcript as
>> linked resource); it would be simpler for the IDREFs in transcript="" to
>> directly point at the <a> that links to the transcript.
>
> I was told that hidden <a> elements are a real problem, since they
> gain keyboard focus. Putting the link into a <div>-like element avoids
> this.

Today, a simple link to a transcript is one of the two common ways of
surfacing a transcript.

Authors who want to hide the link can use CSS "display: none;" in all
browsers applying their CSS or HTML @tabindex="-1" to remove the link
from the tab order in all browsers. If we continue to allow references
into @hidden content, they could also use @hidden to hide the link.

Alternatively, authors can leave the link in the tab order and use CSS
or JS to ensure the link is visible on focus.

Using a normal a@href has a better backwards compatibility story than
adding an attribute to transcript.

So I don't understand the problems with:

or

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis