Change Proposal for Issue 194

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:16:50 +1000
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
Hi all,

In an effort to work towards a consensus Change Proposal on Issue 194,
we've had several media subgroup meetings, the result of which is the
following Change Proposal:

  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement

The media subgroup (those present at the meeting) agreed to post this
CP to the whole a11y TF for review over the next few days, and then go
forward with a call for consensus.

The final submission to the HTML WG is due on the 24th May.

Note that as part of the above CP several other CPs that had been in
development for Issue-194 will become obsolete.
Edward: your CP hasn't been listed as one such, because we're not sure
about your position towards this CP. IIUC it's the only one that
currently remains in competition to this CP.

Best Regards,

Silvia.