W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > May 2012

Minutes for 10 May TF Teleconference

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 12:04:15 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20120510160415.GG3751@sonata.rednote.net>
Minutes from the HTML-A11Y Task Force teleconference of 10 May are provided below in text and are available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2012/05/10-html-a11y-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                           - DRAFT -

                                          HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

10 May 2012

   Agenda

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          janina, JF

Contents

     * Topics
         1. issue 204 discussion + possible TF resolution
         2. Media Accessibility User Requirements, annotations/pointers to spec
         3. status updates on issues agreed from the F2F or otherwise in process
         4. subteam reports
     * Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 10 May 2012

   <MikeSmith> trackbot, start

   <trackbot> Sorry, MikeSmith, I don't understand 'trackbot, start'. Please refer to
   http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

   <MikeSmith> trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 10 May 2012

   <janina> scribe: janina

issue 204 discussion + possible TF resolution

   Thanks, John!

   <JF> scribe: JF

   Janina: status update - Text subteam review the new changes and agree that they ere good changes

   PF reviewed yeteday and voted a resolution to support

   have put out an advanced 48 hour consensus call with a deadline of Friday midnight Boston

   have one objection to date from Ben H-L reiterating his concerns

   Laura, after initial concerns, seems to feel that these are improvements - she had concerns over V2 and V3 tracking

   based on progress on other issues, the chairs asked if we could try for amicable resolution of Issue 204 at the F2F
   last week

   it became obvious to remove restrictions on future development was a no-brainer, and the new V3 now has stronger
   conformance language, which was a win in our eyes as well

   JF: any other changes were grammatical in nature

   MS: what we should try for today is to seek a TF resolution today, are we ready to do so now?

   JS: unless there are further questions or comments

   MS: will make the proposal now

   <janina> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3

   <MikeSmith> proposed RESOLUTION: TF supports the CP at
   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3 as written

   +1

   <janina> +1

   MS: are there any objections to this?

   <MikeSmith> anybody on IRC who objects to that resolution?

   <MikeSmith> RESOLUTION: TF supports the CP at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3 as
   written

   <janina> RESOLUTION: TF supports the CP at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3 as
   written

   MS: not seeing any objections

   RESOLUTION: TF supports the CP at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3 as written

   <janina> scribe: janina

   RESOLUTION: TF supports the CP at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3 as written

   <Stevef> +1

   <JF> JS: thankful for the great discussion last week, this was a great consensus building exercise

Media Accessibility User Requirements, annotations/pointers to spec

   <JF> scribe: JF

   JS: have been meaning to surface this for some time

   would like to move the user requirements from a Draft note

   thought it might be useful to annotate this in the HTML5 spec to link technologies to techniques (etc.)

   Silvia offered to do this and felt it would be easy to do

   so, do we want to take that document in that direction?

   PF thought this was a good idea on their call yesterday

   should we pursue?

   (JF says +1)

   SF: Is this annotating the HTML5 spec or the User Reqs document?

   JS: the user reqs doc

   MS: question seems does anyone thing this is a good idea. If Silvia has offered to do this, and it has no direct
   changes to HTML5 spec, then are there objections?
   ... seems like a useful bit of work
   ... guessing that Silvia wanted to ensure that others saw the value, and agreed before she undertook the effort

   JF: +1 for Silvia improving things - with thanks

   <Stevef> +1 for Silvia improving things - with thanks

   JS: I will discuss this with Silvia - worth noting that the media team are re-convening on short notice - actually
   meeting later today

status updates on issues agreed from the F2F or otherwise in process

   JS: looking to come to grips with Issue 194 - but will discuss this with Silvia then

   <janina> scribe: janina

   Thanks, John!

   ms: Good in person participation from the TF at the F2F
   ... Good canvas discussion and agreement
   ... With Ted and Frank -- melding their two proposals

   rs: I'm starting on that
   ... Elipses included in Ted's proposal, but perhaps for html.next

   judy: Should we ask Paul's help pinging for Frank's active participation here as we're on a tight timeframe?

   paul: If Rich sends a note cc'ing me, I'll make sure there's a response.

   rs: Pointing out that I'm on holliday late next week and want to get as much of this done before that as possible

   <MikeSmith> minutes from HTML WG 03 May 2012 f2f meeting

   paul: Just so everyone knows, Microsoft is currently trying to get Windows 8 out the door, and this takes people's
   attention

   rich: Just want to make sure that we all agree that elipses

   <Judy> judy: Rich cc me too, on your response request

   rich is not to be included at this time

   janina: apologizing that I can't spell!

   paul: pointing out no agreement yet to add the shape for hit testing

   rich: correct

   paul: so need to make this more visible

   cyns: please also cc me

   paul: at some point we need this visible--to the list

   rich: believe we resolve first with ted and frank

   <Stevef> email with questions sent last week to HTML WG - no response
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0008.html

   sf: question of focus

   rich: need to see how, don't have the answer yet
   ... we also need a way to map lightweight objects to a11y apis -- discuss that in the uaig
   ... it's all achievable, but will take some time

subteam reports

   ms: text?

   judy: in addition to 204 above we talked about alt--alts on images in the spec, and buggy alt guidance in the spec
   ... we're evolving our documentation of these
   ... also issue-31c meta generator exemption
   ... now a comprehensive reopen request cp forwarded to chairs last week
   ... we're expecting feedback or a reopen from the h5ccs

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to update on media sub-team

   jf: Noting that I194 has a foot in each camp, want to add good discussion on i194 at the F2F
   ... And, it's the basis of us resuming media telecons
   ... Silvia is working up another proposal, a new h5 element transcript
   ... Meanwhile, I'm under the gun to put out a i194 proposal by Friday

   paul: where's the dialog on this?

   jf: On the TF list

   <JF> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/Issue194_SP

   janina: our concern is that i194 not expire in the wg while direct discussion on approaches is active

   jf: exactly, we need some lattitude from the chairs

   paul: I see Silvia's CP pointer ... looking at the thread
   ... can you summarize where we are?

   jf: at the f2f we agreed i would rewrite my cp to propose using track, and ted to propose idref
   ... now we have this additional approach from silvia

   janina: I'm concerned that we really should consider these proposals from the perspective of user experience
   ... a single way to get whichever alternate media

   paul: noting that this is all post the due date for cps

   sf: wanted an update on hgroup?

   paul: reviewed all 5 proposals and will be sending reviews shortly

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scribes: janina, JF
Present: JS Judy MichaelC MikeSmith SF Stevef cyns davidb html-a11y inserted janina jf joined left ms paul paulc rich r
ichardschwerdtfe rs tm trackbot


-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina@a11y.org	
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Received on Thursday, 10 May 2012 16:04:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 May 2012 16:04:53 GMT