Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

Silvia Pfeiffer writes:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
> > Silvia Pfeiffer writes:
> >
> > What about annotating the Requirements document we prepared with
> > pointers to the technology that implements them?
> >
> > Would that be a useful way for people to understand what aspects of HTML
> > 5 media provide support for which specific alternative media renderings?
> > Is this a useful way to extend the value of that document? You'll recall
> > PF has put the Requirements doc on a W3C Note track. Would this kind of
> > annotation help? Or just confuse?
>
> You're referring to this one, I assume:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/media-accessibility-reqs/

Yes.

> I don't mind that. I could do it - it'd be simple.

And you're my #1 candidate to do it.

Let me ask PF--and others here--whether we think this is a good idea
before we start.

I think it's a good idea, but it does rather start down the path of an
Author Guide. So, where to stop may be a concern--and a possible title
adjustment may be needed.

My sense, at least for now, would be to keep it simple. Pointers into
the spec for the things that exist to facilitate providing the features
we describe.

> BTW: I've always wanted to ask: how did you decide who to make the
> editor of that document?

Shane volunteered. It had to be someone in PF if PF was to publish as a
note. Shane has experience editing W3C docs for publication, so his
availability and willingness did the trick. I recall the decision was
made in one of our regular Wednesday telecons.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net