Re: aria-describedat

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:17:55 +0000
To: David MacDonald <David100@sympatico.ca>
Cc: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org, laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com, George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>, david.bolter@gmail.com, jbrewer@w3.org, faulkner.steve@gmail.com, mike@w3.org
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM, David MacDonald <David100@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Not sure why we are discussing wai-aria re-naming here...  why not leave that
> to the wai-aria group... it's easy to join them, or email them, if we want
> to provide input on what they call things...

"here" being where? We're having this discussion on wai-xtech and
public-html-a11y.

ARIA is produced by PFWG and wai-xtech is the "public list for
discussion of items within scope of the Protocols and Formats Working
Group", so it seems relevant there.

HTML is produced by HTML WG and has to implement ARIA as a host
language, so discussion of upstream relevant changes seems relevant to
public-html-a11y.

Likewise, discussion of whether W3C should be encouraging expansion of
ARIA or reuse of HTML for representing common application and document
semantics seems very relevant to public-html-a11y (though doubtless
also to other fora).

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis