Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca> wrote:

> Ya, there was some discussion around extending the number of @kind values,
> that got derailed and derided by some browser engineers (at least that is
> what *I* recall). I believe that (Comcast? CableLabs?) had asked for either
> more, or an extensible mechanism to reference more and that it was met with
> resistance. We could perhaps again look at adding new @kind values:
>
>  <track kind="transcript" src="">
>  <track kind="description" src="">
>  <track kind="posterdescription" src="">

<track> is a timed resource. Neither transcript, nor description, nor
posterdescription are timed - they cannot be parsed into cues and
displayed time-synchronously over the video. You cannot misuse the
track element in this way.