Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> Silvia Pfeiffer, Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:11:37 +1100:
>> Use cases are appreciated, but they don't always require another new
>> element or attribute.
>> The image IS a label for the video, so @aria-label is just another
>> representation of the same thing. How complicated does it have to be?
>> Silvia.
>
> If there - for the video element - is such a congruency between the
> aria-label and the video poster, then doesn't that imply that the
> @aria-label should describe, not the video, but the poster image?

It's a transitive relationship: the @aria-label describes the poster
which describes the video, therefore @aria-label describes the video.

Also, I don't think we need to discuss this any more. It's already
escalated to formal objection from issue 142.