Re: Expanding longdesc use

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 06:58:46 -0500
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: LĂ©onie Watson <lwatson@nomensa.com>, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Hi Silvia,

> I understand all of this and repeating it over and over again won't
> help any of us.  It's all clearly stated in your change proposal. That
> doesn't mean that I have to agree with it all.

While I disagree with much of what you have written, I agree that the
discussion has been churning for far too long. That is a huge part of
the problem. Hopefully some day the Chairs will bring the issue to
survey and it will be resolved but I am not holding by breath.

In the mean time, we have the accessibility task force endorsed change
proposal.