Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-203 media-descriptions by Amicable Resolution

Hi John,

First, let me remind you of the Discussion Guidelines: <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/DiscussionGuidelines>. If you continue to express yourself in an abrasive manner, even when asked not to, a possible next consequence is a time-out from posting on the list. Abusive language and conspiracy theories have no place in the HTML WG.

Second, the Chairs are often lenient about timelines when we believe it is in the bests interests of the group (rather than facing future reopen requests of Formal Objections), and when we either have material in hand or the person requesting an extension has a track record of delivering to a deadline. A recent example is issue-31c on meta generator, where we granted a reopen request that came in far after the deadline, because we found the new information compelling and believed it was better to resolve the matter now than to drag it beyond LC2. I hope you will understand that in that case leniency on the deadline was justified. For reasons like this, the Decision Policy is clear that the Chairs may grant reasonable extensions to deadlines. And I hope you can accept that granting extensions is also intended in good faith even when it does not benefit your "side" of a given dispute.

Regards,
Maciej