W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > June 2012

Minutes HTML-A11Y Task Force on June 21

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:43:34 -0400
Message-ID: <4FE36B56.5040500@w3.org>
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Minutes of the 21 June 2012 HTML Accessibility Task Force call are
posted to http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html and copied
below.


  HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference


    21 Jun 2012

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, Leonie, Cooper, Paul_Cotton, Judy, Rich,
    Steve_Faulkner
Regrets
    Mike_Smith, Laura_Carlson
Chair
    Janina_Sajka
Scribe
    MichaelC


    Contents

    * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#agenda>
         1. Status updates on issues 194, 199, 201, 204
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item01>
         2. Issue 203?
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02>
         3. Current alt guidance in section 4.8 of the spec
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item03>
         4. Text subteam report
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item04>
         5. HTML mappings subteam report
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item05>
         6. Bug triage subteam report (if needed)
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item06>
         7. Other Business
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item07>
         8. Actions Review
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item08>
         9. Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#item09>
    * Summary of Action Items
      <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Status updates on issues 194, 199, 201, 204

js: 194, proposal in?

jf: plan to work on that before the weekend

js: don't expect major surprises at this point, media sub-team has
discussed the points

and have accommodated Apple concerns

hope to move to single proposal, but don't know yet

199, waiting to hear from Ted

chairs have a priority order on these?

pc: expecting 201 to be partially fulfilled by last night

have a timeline in the public archive

Ted promised 22 June for 199 and 201

a further week from him for 199, was pending Silvia's input which is now in

204 expected for 6 July

jf: talked with Ted at hackathon last week, similar info on his timelines

exploring MAY language, need to look at that more


      Issue 203?

js: any last-minute counter-proposals?

pc: haven't checked yet, don't see anything

jf: don't see any

pc: should we focus a meeting on closing out some of these items?

concerned there was a peak of activity during and after the FtF

but now it's drying up

understand there's lots of work going on

but could be good to focus efforts

rs: hoping for faster responses to emails

pc: working on getting busy people looped in

have various concrete steps in play towards that

js: should we handle these issue by issue?

pc: yes, because they're not same sub-sets of people across the issues

js: I'll pursue getting some sessions set up with relevant parties for
the issues

rs: FtF tend to have lots of energy, then it flags afterwards

js: so virtual FtF on topics may help

pc: trying very hard to get everybody together

jf: I have specific action on 204 to rework language, think it's
relatively minor and can be cleaned up in next week or so

for 194, we should do another call, can help with that

js: for 204, John, Cynthia, Ted, Jonas

201, Rich, Frank, Ted

199, Michael, Ted

194, Janina, John, Silvia, Ted, Eric, Charles?

I will work to schedule 194 discussion

pc: believe 204 is in TF hands, awaiting consensus?

jf: that's pretty close

the clock has run out

just down to a bit of RFC2199 language details

js: anybody can propose MAY language, it's MUST and SHOULD that makes
consensus more difficult

jf: so just chasing that stuff down

think consensus is emerging

pc: we need to put something down soon, if not go to survey

jb: thought we had stated what would be acceptable

pc: would like a clear indication of whether you think gulf is too wide
and go to survey

jb: think it's about whether requirements met or not

js: does MAY solve this?

various: maybe

pc: don't want to wait indefinitely when don't see activity

so, what's the deadline?

if waiting on a middle ground, can put down yourselves, not just wait
for someone else

js: think JF has that on his plate

jf: I will rewrite draft by 25 June

after that, ball will be on Ted and Jonas to review

might go to survey if they don't like that version

think they will accept, but they need to see the specifics

jb: couldn't we just go to survey now?

js: if it gets surveyed, other issues muddy it

pc: there's a message from Maciej Monday, looks like a thread was hard
to follow

jb: so JF proposal for next steps seems optimal now

js: JF, please make wiki "version 4"

<JF> *ACTION:* JF to re-work the 204 V3 CP to a V4 that uses MAY
language by due Monday June 25 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-139 - Re-work the 204 V3 CP to a V4 that uses
MAY language by due Monday June 25 [on John Foliot - due 2012-06-28].

action-139 due 25 june

<trackbot> ACTION-139 Re-work the 204 V3 CP to a V4 that uses MAY
language by due Monday June 25 due date now 25 june

js: who will convene 201 and 199 meetings?

rs: ???

pc: will convene 201

mc: just awaiting Ted's feedback on 199, which is known on his radar

we can meet after if he has further changes to propose


      Current alt guidance in section 4.8 of the spec

js: getting close on analysis document

but not quite ready to promote to TF wiki

jb; text sub-team just awaiting responses on things now

so may not need to meet regularly anymore

js: though this one still active

think we can close quickly once we get the right people together

will aim to do do that Tuesday


      Text subteam report

jb: see above


      HTML mappings subteam report

sf: met this week, still plugging away

jf: it's just something to finish, not holding anything else up?

sf: separate document, not holding anything up


      Bug triage subteam report (if needed)

lw: Hans just sent an updated review of a11y keyword bugs

processing by email


      Other Business

js: none identified


      Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

nothing to review today


      Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

LĂ©onie Watson volunteers


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* JF to re-work the 204 V3 CP to a V4 that uses MAY
language by due Monday June 25 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.136 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2012/06/21 15:55:13 $

-- 

Michael Cooper
Web Accessibility Specialist
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
E-mail cooper@w3.org <mailto:cooper@w3.org>
Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
Received on Thursday, 21 June 2012 18:44:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:28 UTC