RE: Moving forward with Issue-204

Sam Ruby wrote:

> The next step the chairs will take is to proceed to a survey.
> Meanwhile, the chairs are giving those who are working on the various
> proposals to work together.  In fact, the only reason we've held off
> proceeding to a survey is in response to a request by Judy and Janina
> as they felt that consensus was possible.

That was my understanding as well, which is why your recent saber-rattling
of quoting the Process Document and "Managing Dissent" was both inopportune
and counter-productive.

This discussion is on-going at the bequest of the Chairs. If the Chairs now
want to take this to WBS survey that is certainly their prerogative to do
so, but managing technical concerns in their deliberations of the survey

Your literal interpretation of Janina's word-choice and subsequent response
was antagonistic, and so I bit back.

> That being said, I will state that I see no evidence that the path
> Janina is currently pursuing will broaden consensus, and am reluctantly
> concluding that now is the time to proceed to a survey.  Does anybody
> here see things differently and believe that we should hold back any
> longer?

The distance between the 2 positions will not dissipate by going to survey.
If that is how the Chairs would like to proceed however then that is
certainly your choice. As we have not yet heard from Jonas and Ted in
response to the PW's feedback however, I would suggest that waiting to hear
that might be useful in your deliberations.

JF