RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order

> Have the Chairs also identified a time-line to attach to this processing order? As all three identified Issues are now closed, and with various Change Proposals in place already, I would presume that there should not be much of a delay in starting this process, or delays between Issue processing either.

>An approximate time-line and dates would be helpful and appreciated by many in the Working Group.

In general when we have issues that are dependent on each other you should expect the Chairs to prioritize the earlier issues in the precedence order with a higher priority than other WG issues.

In addition you should expect the Chairs to give authors of change proposals for an issue that depends on a newly decided issue time to refactor or withdraw their CP in the face of a WG decision on the earlier decided issue.   This may mean that we do NOT move directly from one WG decision to an immediate survey on the next issue in the queue.

In this particular case, the Chairs are trying to determine when we can go to survey for ISSUE-204 which is at the beginning of this set of issues.  See my message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0089.html
We are hoping to clarify the status of the two ISSUE-204 change proposals by this Thu so that we could start a straw poll later this week or early next week.  That straw poll would run for approximately one week. Following the close of the survey for ISSUE-204 the Chairs plan to prioritize very high getting a decision on ISSUE-204 so that we can move on to ISSUE-30 as soon as possible.  BUT depending on the WG decision on ISSUE-204 the Chairs may want to give the authors of the ISSUE-30 CPs time to change their submissions.

I hope this is clear.  If not I will be glad to answer more questions on this matter.

/paulc
HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada