Re: @longdesc scope (was: HTML Media Transcript, Issue-194: Are we done?)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:16:07 -0500
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Leif,

> As I just said to Laura,[1] that section of the WCAG 1.0 techniques
> seemingly operates with a 'transcripts from sounds only' concept.

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 is more encompassing:
"collated text transcript combines (collates) captions with text
descriptions of video information (descriptions of the actions, body
language, graphics, and scene changes of the video track). These text
equivalents make presentations accessible to people who are deaf-blind
and to people who cannot play movies, animations, etc. "
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WAI-USERAGENT-19991005/#def-collated-text-transcript