W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2012

RE: [BUG TRIAGE] NEEDSINFO/WONTFIX/FIXED bugs assigned to me

From: Léonie Watson <lwatson@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:21:17 +0000
To: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
CC: "franko@microsoft.com" <franko@microsoft.com>, "tink@tink.co.uk" <tink@tink.co.uk>, "cooper@w3.org" <cooper@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D4219A0ECCAE794C9ED7DC6F5A4C0CD537B3B0292D@jupiter.intranet.nomensa.com>
John,

	Thanks for this information. I'm sorry to ask at such short notice, but could you complete any actions/initiate any escalations relating to media bugs? We were much lighter on the ground at this afternoon's triage call than we'd hoped, so we're needing to find ways to get everything done ahead of the deadline. Thanks.

Léonie.
 
 


--
Nomensa - humanising technology

Léonie Watson, Director of Accessibility & Web Development

tel: +44 (0)117 929 7333
twitter: @we_are_Nomensa @LeonieWatson

Nomensa Email Disclaimer: http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer

© Nomensa Ltd, King William House, 13 Queen Square, Bristol BS1 4NT UK VAT registration: GB 771727411 | Company number: 4214477
  
-----Original Message-----
From: John Foliot [mailto:john@foliot.ca] 
Sent: 13 January 2012 06:12
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Cc: franko@microsoft.com; tink@tink.co.uk; cooper@w3.org
Subject: [BUG TRIAGE] NEEDSINFO/WONTFIX/FIXED bugs assigned to me

Hello Bug Triage team,

Please find my homework enclosed, with apologies for the lateness in responding. Frank Olivier, please see final item.

NEEDSINFO Bugs:

Bug 12228 - Reopened with response
Bug 12794 - Reopened with response
* These two bugs are related, and will likely require escalation as Ian has in the past rejected the fundamental need for programmatically linked textual alternatives of videos and posters (beyond using @alt). Request triage team make a determination, but suggest/recommend a compound Issue be filed. 
   [ACTION] on triage team (please).

Bug 12964 - provided more information. TrackerRequest keyword added.

Bug 13273 - No action taken - I do not believe at this time that there is a problem. Shelley should be encouraged to either provide more info or close the bug; either that or leave the bug for LC2 (??)

Bug 13437 - This bug was filed based upon feedback from Geoff Freed (NCAM), but there is no viable response I can think of to address comment #1.
Recommend that the TF allow this bug to be closed (I can do it or please feel free to do so) and the authoring issue be handed to WCAG. 
   [ACTION] on triage team (please).


WONTFIX bugs:

Bug 13668 - I am unsure what to do here. I remember that we discussed this at TAPC '11 and it is my recollection that we determined this was not an
HTML5 issue, but that it should be handed to UAAG. I did mention this to the UAAG TF at their face-to-face (possibly in their meeting minutes), but I do not believe there was a formal follow-up. Recommend that the Triage team close this and that the TF advise UAAG. 
   [ACTION] on triage team (please).


FIXED bugs:

Bug 11391 - this is fine, and should either be left as is or closed. 
   [ACTION] on Frank Olivier to close the bug (please).

JF
Received on Friday, 13 January 2012 20:40:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:52 GMT