W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2012

Teleconference Minutes for 12 January

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:15:33 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20120112171533.GC5171@sonata.rednote.net>
Minutes from the HTML-A11Y Task Force teleconference on Thursday 12
January are copied below in text and provided in html at:

http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-html-a11y-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                           - DRAFT -

                                          HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

12 Jan 2012

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          John_Foliot, Judy, Michael_Cooper, paulc, Cynthia_Shelly, Janina_Sajka, Rich, David_MacDonald, Mike

   Regrets
          Léonie_Watson, Laura_Carlson

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Bug Tagging
         2. Remaining Bug Processing
         3. Subteam Reports: ARIA Mapping; Text; Media
     * Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 12 January 2012

   <scribe> scribe: janina

Bug Tagging

   Discussion of whether to create a new tag to indicate the TF has worked on, and finished work, a particular bug.

   Suggestion to create a TF tag to indicate need to revisit

   Agreement to postpone to next week as it doesn't help us meed this week's deadline.

Remaining Bug Processing

   Bug Subteam will meet again Friday at 1PM Boston

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13619

   <paulc> What is the keyword for HTML.Next?

   Janina: Suggest focus only on what needs Friday escalation

   Rich: This affects more than HTML
   ... Will work on this in Indie UI

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13512

   Agreement to assign to Web API guide

   Paul: WG isn't getting the notice when this is moved to another WG. People have complained when the editor has done
   this.
   ... Suggests creating a new bug to achieve this, not move an existing bug
   ... Same problem if component move, e.g. from LC to API component

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13560

   CS: Issue q: ARIA disallows changing role

   js: Global issue is dynamic changes are a major a11y concern. There's needs to be the appropriate place to manage that
   globally

   ms: Confirms that bugs are not dropped, ever.

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13656

   cs: Shouldn't escalate without examples

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13560

   JS: Asks level of confidence that Bug Triage can finish Friday?

   mc: 40 bugs needs info, have identified 5 categories
   ... Expectation to finish re escalation

   <richardschwerdtfe> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/FocusRingTextBaseline

   mc: Triage will make sure there's a tracker for canvas issues

   cs: Probably need separate canvas trackers, as some of the issues aren't related

   mc: if they're obviously different

   rs: 131 anything to do with carat focus ring selection
   ... text base line we have cp, but no tracker
   ... need tracker for path to element

   cs: i did them a bit differently ...
   ... anything to do with text editing in canvas, ie will not support

   rs: nothing to do on subdom because part of spec already
   ... think resolving scroll path into view will be sufficient

   <MichaelC> Canvas bugs: 9061, 11240, 12306, 12906, 14419

   <David> Cynthia, can you drop those 4 categories into the Chat here?

   <paulc_> Current non-processed TrackerRequest's:
   https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

   <richardschwerdtfe> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176

   <richardschwerdtfe> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13181

   <paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0036.html

   <richardschwerdtfe> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/FocusRingTextBaseline

   rs: We need issue relating to providing bounds of an element which also allows hit testing

   cs: position and hit testing in the same issue is OK
   ... want text separated out

   pc: question on ball park estimate of additional requests?

   mc: expects as many as 5 issues

   pc: are you thinking a tracker on a single bug then relate the others?

   mc: would like input on that

   pc: suggest bugs a, b c, d all relate to e, and put tracker on e

Subteam Reports: ARIA Mapping; Text; Media

   jb: text met tuesday, started planning for when longdesc came up, talked about alt guidance concerns, title and meta
   generator pending
   ... also processed 10 text related bugs
   ... asking when longdesc might come out?

   pc: still processing one of the cp's, so no further data yet

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina@a11y.org	
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Received on Thursday, 12 January 2012 17:16:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:52 GMT