Re: why are we pursuing this idea? (was: Implementation Details request on Issue 204 Decision)

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:10:22 +0100
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Cc: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
hi ben,

"Why do you think it's better for user agents not to expose such
content when such education efforts fail, as they normally do?"

I am not suggesting forbidding user agents from exposing anything, I
am suggesting promoting it as a useful method to expose rich content
is not a productive or worthwhile idea and in general we should be not
advocating it.

regards
SteveF

--