Re: Audience Based Validator User Interface (ISSUE-206)

Hi Ben,

>Can you give an example of desirable/necessary/inevitable behavior
>that you think would be disallowed by the current requirements but
>allowed by this change?

 I use adobe dreamweaver as it provides a range of tools to aid me in code
editing, it allows me to create HTML5 documents. i assume it cannot be
considered as conforming HTML5 document because I often i create save and
publish non confroming HTML5 documents.

A developer at any point in the document edting lifecycle may want to save
and publish a HTML5 document that is non conforming for various reasons.
A developer may want to inlcude 3rd part scirpted widgets in a HTML5
document, for example they use a DOJO widget which contains custom
attributes.

in any of the above a conforming HTML5 authoring tool would be useless if
it could not emit the documents.

regards
Stevef

--