Re: CP: role=img trumps empty alt (ISSUE-206: meta-generator)

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 04:23:51 +0100
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: public-html@w3.org, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:10 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> I hereby offer an alternative change proposal that does NOT add any new
> attribute:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/RoleImgTrumpsEmptyAlt
>
> Please do not hesitate to provide feedback!

I don't think we need "a signal that the image is significant but in
lack of alternative text" as:

1. Developers can already distinguish images that are not significant
by adding @alt and images that are significant by omitting @alt.
2. AT interested in exposing images that might be significant to end
users already need to expose images with missing @alt.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis