Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: Issue-204 Change Proposal

Hi Janina  and all,

Thanks to Cynthia for her work on her change proposal [1].

Although I still worry that possessing special ARIA language (instead
of simply reinforcing the simple concept that "hidden always means
hidden" as the HTML5 spec currently does) adds complexity to the spec
and will cause some authors, especially novice authors, confusion, I
do not object to Cynthia's current stabilized ISSUE-204 proposal [1]
if it will bring HTML5 and ARIA in accord on this issue and illuminate
the fact that accessible name and description calculation [WAI-ARIA]
flattens the referenced elements to plain text, losing interactivity
and semantic structure.

If the accessibility task force consensus is for Cynthia's stabilized
proposal, I will stop work on my Correct Hidden change proposal [2] in
deference to her stabilized proposal [1].

I sincerely hope that Benjamin's objections [3] can be addressed.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v2&oldid=12821
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CorrectHidden