Re: Finalizing an Issue-204 CP

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis writes:

> Saying "The text children of the element will be flattened to a
> string" is a direct contradiction of the ARIA specification which
> takes account of various elements and attributes in the calculation of
> the accessible name and description.
>
> Markup is a "string" so "string" is the wrong word to use here:

Pish posh. This argument is simply sophistry.

Markup may use the same chars, but I suspect all of us understand "string"
in this context.

"String" has been used the way this CP is using it for decades.

And you were on such a long string of great comments! Nevertheless, we
needn't string you up over this loose one.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net