Request to open new issue to expand longdesc (was Re: hypothetical question on longdesc)

Hi Paul,

Paul wrote:

> The WG Chairs have no mechanism for opening up such a new issue.

1. Go to: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/open
2. Select: "Raise an issue"

Paul wrote:

> There is no Last Call bug that we could associate such a new issue
> with and the date for the creation of issues for the current Last Call
> has passed.

Sam opened Issue 204 with no last call bug.

I ask you Paul, how in the world can a person file a bug to
modify/expand an attribute if that attribute is obsolete? If the
Chairs had decided the reopened ISSUE-30 pre-last call as I asked last
well over a year ago or expedited it as promised during last call as
you promised last year,  bugs could have been filed within your
timeline, and this would not be a problem now. But the Chairs declined
to decide it pre-last and did not expedite it as promised during last
call. The Chairs are in charge of the issue schedule and polling; I'm
not.

I have tried my best to work in good faith within the WG process. For reference:

= History of the Issue =