Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: ARIA-DescribedAT & Longdesc

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 09:26:51 +0100
To: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
CC: 'Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis' <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, 'Charles McCathieNevile' <chaals@opera.com>
John Foliot wrote:
[...]
> Funny you should mention that Ben. Since you bring it up, I can state that currently there is a Joint WCAG&  PF Task Force for HTML5 and WAI-ARIA WCAG Techniques (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2012JanMar/0011.html) that is looking to update these kinds of techniques.
>
> Since you believe it is critical to keep this type of information up-to-date, I hope that you would be happy to lend a hand there, given that Joshue O'Connor and James Nurthen are in desperate need of assistance in this area. Both have been CC'd on this note, and I am sure you could reach out to either of them to see how to assist.

Yes, thanks for that John. All offers of help with this important work
are much appreciated, and everyone is welcome to ping myself or James
Nurthen if you want to get involved.

Cheers

Josh