RE: hypothetical question on longdesc

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 17:54:20 +0000
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
CC: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
> Would the Chairs' consider opening such an Issue due to the circumstances?

The WG Chairs have no mechanism for opening up such a new issue.  There is no Last Call bug that we could associate such a new issue with and the date for the creation of issues for the current Last Call has passed.  For reference see the Last Call timeline [1] and the timetable for re-opening issues [2].

/paulc

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0099.html

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada