Fwd: Web Media Text Tracks Community Group Launched

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:44:56 +1000
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi all,

Just a few hours ago I put in a proposal for a Media Text Tracks
Community Group, which would focus on all issues around WebVTT and
text tracks.

Enough people have already joined to actually launch this group, which
was quicker than expected.

If you are interested in the nitty-gritty details of captioning and
how we convert between different caption formats and get them
displayed in Web pages, you might want to consider also joining this
group at http://www.w3.org/community/texttracks/join .

Cheers,
Silvia.