W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > September 2011

Minutes HTML A11Y TF 15 September 2011

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:55:12 -0400
Message-ID: <4E736350.8050507@w3.org>
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Minutes of the 15 September 2011 HTML Accessibility Task Force are
posted to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html and copied
below.


  HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference


    15 Sep 2011

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Mike, John_Foliot, Judy, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,
    Steve_Faulkner, Cynthia_Shelly
Regrets
    LĂ©onie_Watson, Janina_Sajka, Laura_Carlson
Chair
    Mike_Smith
Scribe
    MichaelC, MikeSmith


    Contents

    * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#agenda>
         1. bug-triage subteam update
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item01>
         2. Canvas sub-team
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02>
         3. Text alternatives sub-team
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item03>
         4. Media sub-team
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item04>
         5. ARIA mapping
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item05>
         6. Actions review
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item06>
         7. New business
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item07>
         8. Next meeting
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#item08>
    * Summary of Action Items
      <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<trackbot> Date: 15 September 2011

<MichaelC> scribe: MichaelC

<richardschwerdtfe> is zakim not working?


      bug-triage subteam update

<richardschwerdtfe> there u go

<MikeSmith> scribe: MikeSmith

MichaelC: working on two tasks: looking at a11y bugs and figuring out if
they need to the -tf keyword
... second task is going through remaining bugs and seeing if we missed
any, and caught some

<scribe> scribe: MichaelC


      Canvas sub-team

rs: proposal sent, awaiting responses from browser manufacturers

this is on changes for focus ring, and text baseline


      Text alternatives sub-team

jb: met this week for first time in several weeks

discussed response in progress to Jonas on longdesc

also discussed adding response to Matt, who updated his change proposal

hope to send these out next week

checked on some reopen requests and change proposals

meta generator recirculated, no feedback, so plan to look at that next week

then forward to full TF

table summary proposal seems to have missing info, plan to ask Josh to add

figcaption, trying to gather info on how it's expected to be used in
browsers

and usability aspects related to length of the caption

so will probably keep working on for several weeks

also discussed an item forwarded from bug triage group

expect to clarify and take next steps

jf: bug on generated content and AAPIs

no consistent response

mc: note relationship to PFWG review of CSS, which includes generated
content module

would like to coordinate the two pieces

jf: will coordinate offline


      Media sub-team

jf: not much in past couple weeks, in holding pattern while some issues
mature

I will be attending Web & TV workshop next week so will see some of the
principals to coordinate

hope to reconvene in next couple weeks

-> http://www.w3.org/2011/09/webtv/ Web and TV Workshop


      ARIA mapping

cs: nothing new lately

plan to restart work next week

sf: will be at TPAC, hope we can meet then as well

cs: yes, though let's start before then

jf: think ARIA/AAPI mapping may also relate to generated content issue

sf: please send bug reference

jf: will do and follow up


      Actions review

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

action-131?

<trackbot> ACTION-131 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to write whitepaper on
ARIA features that seem similar to HTML features but aren't -- due
2011-08-04 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/131

<MikeSmith>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Jul/0169.html

rs: news to me...

mc: looks like we made RS temporary assignee, but felt need for this on
28 July 2011

<Stevef> html5 and the myth of aria redundance
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2010/04/html5-and-the-myth-of-wai-aria-redundance/

rs: trying to figure out...

sf: above resource might be useful


      New business

no deadlines in immediate future from HTML WG

<MikeSmith> qq?

mc: note a deadline to push back on bug priority assignments

-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html
Timeline

that was 2 September 2011

ms: this might be an extendable deadline

mc: not sure how many reprioritizations we'd request, but fell behind on
checking on that

because still triaging in bugs

ms: don't think would affect timeline much

timeline was based on assumption on more bugs submitted than actually were

will bring up schedule in HTML call today


      Next meeting

ms: scribe volunteer?

sf: will volunteer if present

rs: will serve as backup

trackbot, end meeting


    Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.136 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2011/09/15 15:37:38 $


-- 

Michael Cooper
Web Accessibility Specialist
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
E-mail cooper@w3.org <mailto:cooper@w3.org>
Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
Received on Friday, 16 September 2011 14:55:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:44 GMT